Thread: Allan Swanson
View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2023, 09:00 PM   #12
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,334 Times in 12,401 Posts

Allan was a dear friend to both Kathy and myself - He was one of the historians of PGCA history and knowledge. I often said to Allan that the folks that started the PGCA and those who followed closely behingd and stayed the course of the PGCA should record electronically their recollections of the people, events, history and experiences and memories, both good and not so good, for the posterity of the organization... to which he said "You've gotta be shittin' me - that'll never happen!" and unfortunately it never did...
but Allan was a Class Act if there ever was one. His lovely wife Jean was even more of a class act and now she is left with the memories of Allan... What a guy!! He was a friend and certainly a mentor to me. Somehow he saw potential in me and encouraged me to run for a BOD position and supported me as Editor of Parker Pages for the 11 or so years I held that position. i will forever be thankful for Allan's support as it has led me into the workings of the PGCA and I hold the organization and all of its members in the highest esteem - some of my very best friends I've met through the PGCA and Allan was one of the first good people I met in the PGCA. He was a fellow Life Member and was one of the first, if not the first, Life members to have been bestowed with that enviable, if not prestigious, Invincible Life Member rating.
Kathy loved him for his candid humanity and true friendship and I will always remember Allan for his true friendship and his dedication to the PGCA and what it meant to him.

We are very diminished by the loss of Allan H. Swanson, our true friend.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: