View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #9
Jerry VanHorn
PGCA Member

Member Info

I saw the article..and thought I would post a photo/story of my 311 20 gauge. Dad bought me a new Remington 510 in 1957 to shoot Jr. NRA in our town. I still have it. I thought I was ready for my first new shotgun, so all of 1959 I made my case to Dad. He was not as enthused as I was..(or so I thought)..All through December I searched the house for it..NO luck..But on Xmas morning..Dad went into my room and returned with the 311 . It had been under my bed for a week..NEVER thought to look there. I have a front page picture from our hometown paper (1960) with me and 2 friends..and a pile of pigeons that we killed on a Saturday morning when we used to have pigeon shoots..on US 40..to get some of them out of downtown shopping area...Years later I had Dennis Smith restock it in XXX wood..and shape a small beavertail. Oscar Gaddy made the triggerguard. The blue and color are original..It will be up to my oldest daughter which of the grandsons gets it..and others. Memories...... I have the original hang tag..It cost Dad $68.50 in Clay City, Indiana..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0397.jpg (496.7 KB, 18 views)
Jerry VanHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jerry VanHorn For Your Post: