View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #9
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

ok - this time he put a bulb in the light- a little more engraving than I thought - but no roundels for the pheasants. I am blaming dirt and dim lighting, not aging eyes. No model name I can see.

The barrels ring well and have some good color - I was going to practice browning on it - but may just leave them alone for a while. the wood looks even better in the light, fairly straight stock, little drop and it fits me quite well. The bores are better than I thought- mostly dirty, a little very shallow pitting. only did a quick check with the gauges, found about 40 thousands as a minimum, very little choke in the right - very tight in the left.

6 3/4 pounds, with the dirt and grime on it.

Stopped at the club on the way home and fired a couple RST's - the primer marks were a little too deep, I noticed no spring action for the strikers, since those screws look untouched I am guessing the springs fell apart with age, so I'll stick some new ones in there.

not bad for a JABC

http://parkerguns.org/forums/album.php?albumid=548