View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #51
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
Todd
I also was amazed but his estimate of value between 95% and 98% but have immense respect for his opinion as that is the area he plays in.
The gentlemen you and Dean are referring to sounds like an expert's, expert when it comes to that "as new" niche market. I am sure in parlance of that arena there are distinct differences that make up a fine line between a 95% to 98% rated condition that has been alluded to. What sounds like something so slight or subtle of a difference to me seems to produces a big swing in pricing/value, and that is what fascinates me and if it is a consistent rule of thumb or an anomaly. I guess it depends if your a buyer or seller regarding your posture on a particular item. I am sure that multiplier could change as well depending on someone's wants, resources and needs.

Anyway a great discussion and learned something. One of my favorite quotes comes from an orthopedic surgeon that even in his 70's is at the top his game and cutting edge when it comes to sports injuries and treating them. All the pro athletes that have issues somehow make their way to see him when they have challenging issues. Instead of slowing down he is trying to expand the practice. When asked why he just said "If you aren't green, you're not growing"
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote