View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2021, 08:41 AM   #117
Cory Rams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for all the obsolete, impossible to find, load data! I just picked up a lee loader in 2 7/8” and 3.5” . I am trying to find the heaviest “safe” loads possible for my Damascus Charles daly 1873 SxS for turkey hunting. I ordered some BPI nickel plated #6’s and have some chilled #5’s. I have a few RST empty cases laying around. I bought 2 boxes of #5 RST 1 1/4oz which didn’t pattern as good as I would have liked. I also bought a box of #6 RST which I haven’t tried yet. I was given sone various plastic wads to try and have some cushion wads and cardboard shot cards coming. I have 700x, red dot, green dot, unique, FG, FFG, and FFFG powders. What is the max PSI for Damascus barrels? I thought it was around 6,000 and I see loads listed up to 10,000 on the 4 page load table. I would like to load the heaviest load possible. I see the heaviest listed is 1 5/8 oz. any load recipes for 10 gauge RST casing with a 1 5/8oz load? Cant wait! Has anyone ever tried duplex loads? I was thinking of half #5’s and #6’s .
Cory Rams is offline   Reply With Quote