View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #29
Quack me up!
PGCA Member

Member Info

Great job Matt. My season started today in Minnesota as well. I am using a very similar gun except mine is a top lever. I am hunting in Wabasha County and I passed up a Tom this morning at about 9 yards just because it is so early in the season and I enjoy doing photography as well so I am in no hurry to fill my tag. He was a mature Tom but he did not have any visible beard. I took some video and still pictures on my phone.
I shot a Tom in Wisconsin about 5 years ago that did not have a beard as well. Not too common but not unheard of. Minnesota regulations State your bird has to have a visible beard so I don't know how they would rule on this one. In Wisconsin the regulations state you can harvest a male or bearded turkey so you are covered over there.
They did not get that much snow down here last weekend like we did up north at home so there is just a skiff or two left in the woods but that is all.
Picture perfect morning. 39 degrees, sunny skies and very little wind. Couldn't ask for a much nicer start to the season.
Bob Dombeck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Dombeck For Your Post: