View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #27
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Never bet against another mans trick.

Years ago I got an invite to big turkey hunting event. One of the hosts was this well connected fella and he was telling a story about the time his friend was entertaining a state senator on a turkey hunt. Seems he had some wild turkey's penned up somewhere and they got a big one and had one of the hands tie a long string around the birds leg and put it out in a field way before daybreak. They go setup early out in the field just on other side of this draw out of sight of turkey then slip into a ground blind. Sure enough about 15 mins later that bird walks into range and Senator lets him have it. Instead of sitting back and letting the guide go get his bird, Senator jumps up and runs out of the blind to go get his bird with guide and owner running behind him.

Senator gets to the bird and sees this string tied to the bird and looks up confused and landowner without missing a beat tells the guide "How many times have I told you don't let your kids fly kites out here, they leave their string laying around and tangling up my turkeys".
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote