Thread: membership
View Single Post
Thanks- good group to be with John
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Thanks- good group to be with John

We have a real good cross section of members- and I appreciate that we have a part of the Forum where questions about other side-by-sides can be presented, and a PGCA member with a question about his/her LC Smith or Fox or Ithaca can raise it. We have over 1000 members and are still growing- thanks to you and Austin Hogan, Jeff Kuss, Art Wheaton, Dean Romig and many others. If I can paraphrase the saying that Mr. Parker made famousd along with his shotguns-- "Much Care Is Bestowed In Our Research and Study of The Old Reliable--"

Case in point that supports that, IMO anyway. I took the PH 16 size 0 frame Parker with 26" Twist barrels along to the recent Yooper Shoot. I had a copy of the PGCA letter on the gun, July 1908 with the 26" barrels as ordered. I ended up trading it to one of the gun dealers in the clubhouse, and having the letter "sealed the deal"- so our Research lads do a first rate job, amazing to me, as we are reaching back a long stretch in time on our treasured Parkers.

I would have kept it if I were a grouse/quail and woodcock hunter- as fate would have it, both the 12 GHE and the 12 Smith 3E developed functional problems on the 100 bird SC course- Luckily our fifth squad member, a gentleman from Northern WI, had a very well restored and restocked 12 VH- 28" and IC/M like the GHE- and was most gracious in letting me shoot it for the rest of the event-

I ended with with another Smith, a 1945 12 Ideal- with the original hang tag- Mint shape- Not a Parker, I'll grant you, but I seem to shoot it well-
I like the fact that we have a friendly clays rivalry from the various shoots with the Smith and Fox and LeFever gruppen-good clean competition!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote