View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #14
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,833 Times in 2,362 Posts

Uh oh!! Is it time for me to start my Skeet Gun rant again! I'm closing in on having every Winchester catalog for the period the Model 21 was a catalog item. The Model 21 Skeet Gun was introduced in 1932, being available in Tournament Grade, Trap Grade or Custom Built Grade. During 1935 or 36 the Tournament Grade was dropped and the entry-level Model 21 Skeet Gun became the Standard Grade. For 1937, 38 and 39 the Model 21 Skeet Gun was offered in Standard Grade, Trap Grade or Custom Built Grade. By 1940 the Trap Grade was gone. For 1940 and 41 the Model 21 Skeet Gun was offered in Standard Grade and Custom Built Grade. After WW-II the Custom Built Grade was replaced with the Deluxe Grade, and the offerings were the basic Model 21 Skeet Gun (the term Standard Grade disappears from the text) or the Deluxe Grade Model 21 Skeet Gun. By 1952 the Custom Built Grade replaces the Deluxe Grade and from then through 1959 it is the Model 21 Skeet Gun and the Custom Built Grade Skeet Gun. That is what the Winchester Catalogs called them. Cody seems to play real fast and loose with the terms Skeet Gun and Skeet Grade.
Dave Noreen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post: