View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #15
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,693 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
I would have no problems shooting any 20 ga 7/8 oz target/dove and quail load from any manufacturer in a Trojan 20. They are stout little guns with fluid steel barrels. 1200 fps is pretty much the standard velocity of most 20 ga target loads, however the pressures are much higher. I load 20 ga, and it is not hard to get that 8500 pressure and close to 1200 fps, but I wouldnt bother to load for that gun at the price you can buy standard( Win, Rem, Federal, Rio, etc) shells. Personally, I would also shoot 1 oz loads thru it if I wanted a little more oomph for pheasants, and never worry. I bet the majority of Trojan shooters would agree.
Agreed. I shoot the one ounce Winchester AA skeet loads exclusively for doves, 1200 fps in a Trojan and VH. They cost the same price as the 7/8 ounce loads and in my opinion are a far superior shell to anything out there. I use 8s right and 7 1/2 left. Plus one has great hulls to reload and every year Winchester has a $2 per box rebate, which makes them cost less than promotional "cheap" shells. A case brings you a $20 refund.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote