View Single Post
we rescued a brittany
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default we rescued a brittany

my wife and I rescued a brittany nov. 2017. I had not hunted in about 40 years, I met a guy with 2 brittanies and he took me hunting all that fall. I mentioned to my wife I was "just thinking" about getting a brittany someday. She looks in craiglist every morning at the pet section. That morning, our "johnny cash" was listed. First time she has ever seen a brittany in craiglist. Cash weighed 69 pounds when we got him. The owners both worked and left him penned up all day, then they moved to a condo, so they had to give him up. One of the top brittany breeders lives about a mile from me. I took cash over to him for advice. About 2 months later the previous owners sent us his akc paperwork, it turns out cash was from the breeder that lives near me. That breeder and I are good friends now, he was happy we got his weight down and he is quite a good hunting dog for his first season. We recently went to a pheasant farm with cash and cash's mom, I will never forget that first point, cash slammed on the brakes, and his mom honored. She retrieved every bird that day. (cash is in training to retrieve) Cash was 2.5 years old when we got him, late start but he has more than made up for it. We have gotten a lifetime of memories our first year hunting. My wife often goes with me just to watch him run. I will try to post a before (heavy) and after photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cash heavy.jpg (516.7 KB, 2 views)
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post: