View Single Post
Skeet and Trap article by Jeff Kuss
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Red face Skeet and Trap article by Jeff Kuss

I am not a clays shooter, but I enjoyed the first class article by Jeff Kuss in the recent Parker Pages. I had read that Wm. H. Foster hunted with Parker 20and 28 bore doubles and developed "Shooting Around The Clock" to better his wiongshooting on grouse and woodcock. I didn't realize until I saw his foto that he was a "Southpaw" shooter-

I live in Michigan, in the 1950's we had Ned Lilley of Stanton as a Class A Trapshooter, and Ed Sedlecky of Baldwin as a Class A Skeet shooter. I believe Mrs. Sidney Small, as pictured on page 46, was from Saginaw, same city of Wm. Mershon and his recoil pads.

I have a large shooting patch, very similar to the MSP shaped shield-- All Gauge Lady Champion-- then in larger blue letters Michigan Skeet Championships 1960. It was inside a Red Head gun case I bought, along with a 3 pc. wooden rod with brass couplings and a 12 gauge Tomlinson bore cleaner.

Any U of M fans who also shoot skeet might appreciate this, as it has a white background, two shades of Blue, and the Upper and Lower Pens. of Michigan are in Gold. I assume all gauge meant that the Lady who won this competed in all the gauges used in skeet.

If anyone knows who that Lady Champion might have been (I graduated from HS that year) it might be interesting to know.

Again to Jeff, kudos for an extremely well put together article and the fotos.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote