View Single Post
DHE 16 Gauge SST Vent Rib:
Unread 02-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #1
Bruce P Bruner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,941 Times in 361 Posts

Default DHE 16 Gauge SST Vent Rib:

Hello, I've been looking for a decent damascus side by side in 12 gauge to shoot my full brass hulled black powder shells that I had previously used in a near mint Remington 1889 that I let slip away. Anyway while checking out the normal sites that thousands of eyes have already seen I checked out an old but familiar venue, Cabela's. The listing must have been brand new because it wasn't listed on Guns International "New Today". So after a short mental deliberation I made the call. They will disassemble the gun and bubble wrap each piece and ship it to Thornton, Co. That is the closest store to me. I asked them for a sweeter deal and the very friendly Library employee said they had just acquired the piece and he wasn't allowed to make a reduction. Oh well, I'll be in the gun for $2K plus the local tax and the background fee. Fair enough. The DHE is listed in my Parker serialization book with "19" listed as the extra code, ejectors, single selective trigger and vent rib. The book also verified the 30" barrels. The DOM shows it to be the 44th gun made in 1938. The water table is stamped "MERIDEN, CONN.", perhaps one of the last ones made there before the Parker operations were moved to Ilion, NY. The serial number is 241198. The Cabela's link (while it lasts) (gone now) is
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/100967205
I just wanted to share my joy with the membership and perhaps receive some feedback on the Parker. I've been a member here in the past but the system required me to start over with a new membership. The gun isn't without distractions but in my opinion it was money well spent. I also have first right of refusal, so if I'm unhappy with the viewing they will refund my purchase. Though I don't foresee that happening.

Last edited by Bruce P Bruner; 02-18-2021 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: update
Bruce P Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bruce P Bruner For Your Post: