View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #28
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

The information found in the FAQ and in the Grades area are not just from one source. Most are a collection of data that is the result of back and forth discussions on some forum thread or another. That along with information from our collection of various Parker books; I for one am not about to try to index/reference/catalog all that in our web pages.

The Steel Shot information came from a good discussion in a single thread and I felt comfortable with it's accuracy and could point to one location for anyone questioning it; just search the forum.

The Parker Reproduction production numbers were another issue altogether. I did feel that the data was valid BUT it was collected from comments on this forum by our Mr. Skeuse and other reliable old-timers, along with old magazine interviews, original corporate advertising and the Parker Story; all of which I felt were reliable. The numbers became in question based on input that a serial number on a gun fell outside the data I collected, that made me believe my numbers could be in error. I tried to get verification via contact to the only real person that might know the facts but never had a response. Therefor, I felt that the numbers should be removed rather than allow these possible inaccurate information to become "the facts".

As long as I'm doing this, you can assume I will always strive for the most accurate information, presented in the clearest terms that I can possible give you. If I become convinced something is wrong, I'll fix it if I can or remove it to avoid confusion. But, if you expect me to index or footnote sources, just keep on expecting because it isn't going to happen.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote