View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2018, 09:12 AM   #25
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,603 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lewis View Post
~~snip~~ I had a similar issue with the production numbers on Parker Reproduction guns. I was asked about numbers I put in the Grades web page but in that case I did know that I "collected" those numbers from several separate posts and various documents and I had no hope of explaining where they came from to support their validity. In the end, I removed them because I couldn't defend them. ~~snip~~
It's unfortunate for those that do not own The Parker Story and with an interest in Parker Reproductions do not have the production numbers at their disposal anymore. I had found the production chart spawned interest and served as a conduit for expanding our knowledge of these wonderful guns, perhaps others have as well. Since we do not have factory records of Parker Reproductions available to us we learn through discussion and info gathered here and elsewhere. We learned a few things concerning the production figures of Parker Reproductions through discussion in the "Rare BHE .410 4/0-frame sighting" thread on this forum. For example, I had posted the following on pg. 10 of that thread:

"There are several things we have learned and found concerning Parker Reproductions in this thread:

1. We now know and have seen pics of at least two 0000-frame BHE .410s produced that have DHE-style engraving. I believe everyone would have to agree that this is rare, odd and unusual -- even in the world of Parkers.

2. The Parker Reproduction Production Chart on the Parker Grades page of this website states that there were 9 BHE .410s built. In this thread we have seen pics of B .410-0045 and B .410-0052 (both of these happen to be built on 4/0 frames). It appears from these serial numbers that there were at least 52 built -- and there's probably more out there. The Sisley article corroborates these findings.

3. There are no BHE .410/28 sets mentioned in the Production Chart. We now know there is one and only one BHE .410/28 set ever produced. This is documented by a copy of a type-written letter by J.T. Skeuse, the President of Parker Reproductions to Leslie Blumberg.

Given the above, I respectfully request that the Production Chart be revised and updated to show these Parker Repros found. And going forward, as additional information comes to light, further revisions be made at that time."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: