View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

[QUOTE=John Campbell;278060]Mr. Starr:
W. & C. Scott (correctly) stands for William and Charles Scott. They had the largest and most prolific gun manufactory in Birmingham. They supplied most of the gunmakers in England with guns and gun components. From rough bits to highly finished guns.

For more, please reference my feature in the Spring 2011 DGJ, "W. & C. Scott & Son -- Gunmaker to the Gunmakers."

Beautiful guns , I got my eye on two different W.& C. Scott's both 10 gauge hammer guns . I'm kind of iffy on one because it has shiny bores and I've seen alot of people say on a gun of that vintage it usually points to it being honed out . There's a decent looking 12 ga W.C up for sale for 1400$ I think it was . The two 10 gauges in looking at are around 2500$ . I figure they will still be there in November .

One of the 10 gauges is 10lbs and the other is 9lbs 6oz but they look identical .

Honestly I would get another C.G Bonehill but I'm not a fan of the snap on forends . From what I've read W. & .C Scott are good guns that are reasonably priced .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote