Thread: Turkey Report
View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2018, 06:39 AM   #94
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'll bet 20 plus pounds added as dead weight would add to complexity of the walk out. But that will just be part of the memory and that bird will taste that much better.

I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of barbecue and I have tried and proven fact about what it takes to make a great experience and call it The Declaration of BBQ. It is a precedent setting case law of the land that simply states "the quality of the BBQ experience is equal or proportionate to some degree of suffering." Whether it be in the making of it, the journey to get there, or the surroundings. I stumbled across my theory now proven fact by peer review when we were told about a BBQ joint that was in a very rough part of town, across from the street from Federal pen in Atlanta, in a building that would not let my dog stay at, had to wait in line to get served behind politicians and a flock of attorneys, it was hot and there was no air conditioning and it was some damn fine barbecue.

I think Turkey hunting has some similarities or features that go with my BBQ Law.

Oh by the way the First Axiom to my BBQ law is that they also must serve some sort of a banana flavored desert. Banana pudding is preferred, but did find some of the best road side barbecue I have ever had but obviously they did not have the pudding, but luckily the convenience store nearby that had bars in front of all things glass and even had signature buckshot pellet indention's in front of the cashiers plexi glass did have a banana flavored Moon Pie.

Last edited by Todd Poer; 05-13-2018 at 07:18 AM..
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote