View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2016, 12:29 PM   #34
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,252 Posts

I'm going to have Dan Cullity install the new Hawkins pad that I have received. Talked with Dan the other day and going to bring to 20 ga Trojan that I just purchased from Mark Kircher to Dan tomorrow. Will also have Dan remove the frame from the stock and give it a good cleaning, the safety slides very sluggishly and I suspect there's a bit of crud or whatever built up. Neither Mark nor I believe the frame has been off the stock for many years so a good cleaning is in order and prudent. I'll be able to take the stock home along with the forend and strip it in acetone and give it a good finish. Eventually I'll have Brad re-case color this Trojan so when I give it to my second grandson he'll have what will look like a new gun and will appreciate it even more (of course after Papa explains the facts of life about proper gun handling and gun care.) I found my old belt sander that I earlier thought was long gone (it still works) but without the bracket I don't dare trying to take down the Hawkins pad. Hence Dan will do it. I want to thank everyone who contributed to this threat that I started and especially Brian who's advice and guidance to all the contributors has been spot on.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote