View Single Post
10 gauge for squirl
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,797 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default 10 gauge for squirl

did not have anything better to do so i got the old 10 ga. parker out of its cornerand went hunting this evening.it had been raining but it had slacked off it was the ideal evening hunt as i went into the woods the wind picked up a little. i saw a movement sure enough there was my first squirl. i raised up that old 10 ga and let go with the right barrel he dropped dead. stood still a few minutes there another squirl was. he was about 40 yards i let him have it with the left barrel. he dropped with the pull of the trigger..i moved up a little bit there sat a squirl on a log cutting a hickery nut he had found on the ground. i watched him for a few moments and then the old 10 roared again. this made me 3 squirls in less than 15 minutes it looked like it was going to be a good hunt or so i thought.i heard a dog barking and it was coming right at me. it was my old blue tick hound i had forgot to tie him up. well old blue went and treed a squirl but theres still to many green leaves left on the trees here . to make a long story short i did not get another squirl. so a saga of story is dont forget to tie up the dog. good hunting to all. charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote