Thread: Turkey Report
View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #101
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,605 Times in 1,842 Posts

Prior to the season I had mentioned that I had hopes of tagging a long bead with a Parker. Never pursued turkeys with a SxS before as I have stuck with archery equipment for the last several years. The beginning of turkey season here in IN and the Southern are the same weekends so that week was a no go.
I did get to go out a little the following weekend but the birds did not read the packaging on my decoys and reacted in a totally inappropriate manner, stupid birds ! Finally on the last morning of the season it all came together and I was able to call this long beard in. Appeared to be a 3 year old with an 11" beard. I was using RST ammo with 1 1/4 oz of #4 in my 34" VHE. In as much as I love those long barrels I have to admit they are not made for carrying through the woods. Not real handy in a blind either. No matter how far back I sat in that blind I still had a lot of barrel protruding which is not a real issue until you have to move from window A to Window B then it gets a little tricky. I'm gonna need a bigger blind or get that move perfected for next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turkey.jpg (426.5 KB, 9 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post: