View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #38
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
I'm sorry the way I ask the question. I didn't care what the manufacture of the machine was - only if it was in fact a wobble machine. I've heard of not moving until you hit a bird, but your way seems a bit more practical. It would be a problem waiting real long to shoot again. We have the same set up on one field and I thinki the guys would like a league doing as you suggested. Maybe just let them shoot around the field and keep score of hits and misses.
Well to be honest when we do it if I’m involved I shoot until I break the bird , but I have those that haven’t shot a lot to do three and move . I’ve got a friend at our club that belongs to another club as well over in the valley and when they do it they require two hits before moving not sure if they limit the shots st each station . The new traps or shall we say anything since Western Flyer traps were king are considered new by me . I loved the old Western traps be it skeet or of the Trap variety . I understand the change but I still like the old traps more . First time I ever shot somewhere that wasn’t using Western traps was at the Old Bingham and Parks club outside Winston Salem . They told me to be prepared because you couldn’t “hear” them release , I thought this is a crock of BS ! WRONG I had to move my hold points out a skoosh on 2-3-4-5 and 6 . Think there were 50-55 Shooters there of which forty were AA-AAA and by that time I fell in that group . Anyway out of them all I tied for LAST in the HOA with a 390 out of 400 , but atleast the guy I tied was George Lehr an Skeet All American at the time LOL’s . Think Mayes went 398 or 99 , Bender and two others guys got them all . That was my first in person exposure to the “hot dogs” so to speak .