The Parker Reproduction Story
Unread 12-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #9
Bill Mullins
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,069 Times in 169 Posts

Default The Parker Reproduction Story

I think I may have shared this information in an earlier post some months back but will mention again in case someone missed it. When I was interviewing Jack Skeuse in the mid 1990’s for The Parker Story section on Reproductions he indicated when they lost their production at the soon to be closed Olin-Kodensha factory they began to search for another manufacturer in Europe that would & could build their gun to the same high quality that was done in Japan. They talked to several but found only one that met their standards and was willing to make it. ( As I recall it was in Italy ). The problem was they would have to ask a retail price of approximately ten thousand dollars for it after manufacturing and production costs. Realizing this was not feasible considering that their previously made DHE grade gun was in the three thousand dollar range.

This merely illustrates the measure of high quality of the Japanese Olin-Kodensha made Parker Reproductions. Tom Skeuse (and family) demanded and expected nothing less! 😊
Bill Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Mullins For Your Post: