View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
Dollar Grade
PGCA Member

Member Info

How would one know unless he was too measure the wall thickness on several 0 frame 16's that are still in proof..?? I did not have access to another parker but did have access to an English 16ga presumably in proof with its original 2 1/2" chambers and the barrel wall thickness at the end of the chambers was 0.85". I am not worried about this gun with normal 7/8 to 1oz loads with pressures comperable to that which were used in the day. You have a couple of 0 frame 16 hammer guns, when you get a chance measure the barrel wall thickness at the ends of the chambers and post up the information. By "heafty" I meant that the gun is 6 3/4 lbs which seems to me to be pretty heavy for a 26" bbl 0 frame 16. As far as that goes the barrels have more meat than most of the 0 frame 16 hammerless guns I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kaas View Post
This the gun that was at Cabela's Gonzales. I had it sent to my local Cabela's and examined it closely. I sent it back. "its fair share of issues" were far to many for me. The very worn engraving is one thing but those barrels are ruined IMHO. .090 is not "hefty" for a set of 120 year old 0 frame composite barrels. Good luck with it and be careful.