Thread: Ser # Look up
View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #17
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,829 Times in 2,017 Posts

Well, they say don't count your chickens before they hatch, but looks like a done deal. I was sent several cell phone pictures, but the lighting pretty dim. The outside of the barrels are not bad, still a lot of twist pattern visible but does have a small dent in one that looks fixable. The right hammer is missing--along with the stock. He said the bores were fair, so hopefully so. He said he thought it was a 1 frame. I got a PM from a PGCA member who thinks he has a stock for a 1 frame, and possibly the hammers.
So I think we have a project gun. I will certainly post pictures after I receive the gun, and be asking for recommendations and opinions. I would probably
have the barrels rebrowned, of course, new stock and wood refinish, may even case color. Probably wont do anything for a while, except to accumulate the needed parts, then bring it to Hausmanns where I can get some hands on opinions from many of you . A 34" 16 should be fun to shoot. Thanks all who replied and sent PM's.