Thread: Rainy day gun.
View Single Post
Rainy day gun.
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Rainy day gun.

Thanks for moving this thread. This is the gun I bought from Brian to have something to fiddle with while staying home. Stripped and stained the wood then added finish without removing the frame. I always wondered if I could do this with out making a mess and sure enough it worked. The frame needs a good cleaning and lube so I may take it apart anyway and do it over and remove oil from the wood and not stain it. I don't like the color. I have never prepped a barrel for rust blueing so I might give that a try. I watched Larry Potterfield's how to video and it looks pretty simple. I think it will need some laser welding to fill the pits. I may have a source for that nearby.Any tips from pros will be appreciated. I do like the one frame and the chokes. The bores are better than I expected after a good cleaning with a Frontier Pad I can not see any frosting. Did the straw test and the gun fits me pretty well. If I shoot it well it may become my Sunny Day Gun. Gerald.

P.S. Brian I sure wish you would not use the fore end to push the barb wire fences down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rainy day gun new skin.JPG (63.7 KB, 49 views)
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gerald McPherson For Your Post: