Unread 05-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #10
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M. Purtill View Post
I shoot at both venues.
Eric-Last year I shot Thursday with you and Daryl at The Drake and had a blast. This year I had to come early to work on the Hall of Fame dinner so I Shot at the Drake on Wednesday and only Buddy Marson was there.
Frankly Dr. Truitt's additional events made the Southern much more interesting.
I too will never make the team and that's good for our team!! But I shoot and support our teammates. The PGCA has a big presence at the Southern and it's important to the PGCA. We have a lot of hardworking members there: Mills, Tom Wooden, Ed Morgan and lots more.
Nobody wants to discourage anyone from shooting the Drake. I love both places for different reasons. But I think every able bodied Parker shooter should be at the Southern. We are outnumbered 3-1 by lcsmith.
I'll shoot with you on Wednesday every year but by Thursday I will be waving the PGCA flag at the Southern.
I agree with George. We need to be changing that 3-1 ratio of LCS-Parker. Guys like Tom P and Daryl C (among others) would be very useful in swinging that ratio to our favor and adding some good numbers to the qualifier boards.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!