Thread: DHE Tragedy
View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #14
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

There's NO WAY that this bulge could not be seen from the inside... no way. There's also no way you could really fix it properly without dismembering the bbls down to parts. I think you could make it shootable with pin gages and a hammer without taking them apart, but you'd not get the bulge out in the rib areas and it would be very clear inside that this would be the case. The gun would still go bang and likely last indefinitely but there'd be a lesser guarantee of this vs doing it properly. I have treated a sub gauge Parker with this same situation, but with a much lesser bulge and up just behind the chokes. I got it out very thoroughly but you can still just barely detect it looking down the muzzle and I don't worry one bit about it up there. I'd be a bit more wary of this one being in the high pressure area in front of the chamber. If I had this and chose to fix it without taking the bbls apart I'd always shoot low pressure loads through it from then on. This of course is a tentative analysis without having actually seen the gun in person. Could be I'd look down the bbls, laugh and leave it on the table and walk away without looking back.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post: