View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
10ga Hammer
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is indeed a fine read. I sat down Christmas day and read it straight through, just could not put it down! Afterwards I wrote George a letter thanking him for the book, and tellng him what I thought of it. A few days later there was a message on my answering machine asking me to give him a call. Later that evening I called and had a delightfull half hour gab with George. He struck me as a fine gentleman and a Grouse hunter through and through! I think I embarrased him when I said his book was on my bookshelf along with Spiller,Evans, Tapply and Woolner.

Like I told George, Sounds silly but "Old Leather boots" made my eyes weepy. "The Ballad of Poke Mountain Pete" was a great tale and we all have a friend like "Joe" who we miss dearly. You won't go wrong adding this one to your shelf!!

Russ, I am envious of you for living so close to George. I would love to sit down and spend an afternoon with this gentleman, the stories he could tell of hunting with Spiller,Woolner and Tapply!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg book.JPG (447.3 KB, 10 views)
"Double guns are a sport and a pastime built into a beautiful package to which I attach myself when entering the great theater of autumn, those days now grow more precious because we are given so few".. Robin Lacy
Robert Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robert Rambler For Your Post: