Unread 01-21-2021, 09:24 PM   #7
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,474 Times in 3,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Norman View Post
Garry,
Last year in our second grouse season in December I did a quick loop in my favorite 160 acre area. I forgot my shotgun I don't usually shoot in second season anyways so it was no big deal. I usually just look for tracks and try to learn about grouse habits. There was 6 inches of snow on the ground, we just had a light dusting the night before. Cash had 4 beautiful points, all the grouse held, all the shots were what I would consider almost easy and no shotgun I learned a lot about their habits that day, I followed their tracks before the flush and saw what they were eating etc. I might get one shot that easy every 10 times I go out hunting. I got 4 in one day, that was an amazing day. (a red letter day
I can't remember the last time I went 4-for-4 on grouse -- that would be a good day for sure. I used to try to take a limit at least once on our annual trip to MN. Now, I'm satisfied with some good dog work, a decent number of flushes, and making a shot that I know I should.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: