View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #28
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,455 Times in 967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ehlers View Post
I have Repro's to blame for my Parker addiction as well. I was for the most part a Fox guy, but I also found repro's attractive and a good way to help build my Fox gatherings. Over the years I've flipped several repro's as a means to help build gun cash and keep a couple of decent repro's along the way.

Then a funny thing happened and I found myself slowly but surely thinning out my Foxes and filling the voids with original Parkers. Now when I open the safe it's filled with repro's and Parkers with only one lonely Sterlingworth survivor from the Fox days.

I guess in my case I could look at Repro's as a type of gateway drug leading to my Parker addiction.
I have to admit to a bit of naivety with this Parker thing. I don't know why it's happening, but it's all I think about. I don't even want to carry my other guns, which is a shame, I have some nice stuff. I spend my time reading about them, looking at photos, stalking other like minded people on this forum, and generally scratching my head wondering what the hell is happening to me. I went through this with Porsche's, wine, cameras, books and now this. I never pick cheap things and one is NEVER enough. And to make matters worse, I can't even tell you what I like about them. Add to that I really want a SBT and I don't even shoot trap but should probably take it up so I can get one someday. They look so freaking amazing. I think I need professional help : (