View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2020, 08:55 AM   #21
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,909 Times in 534 Posts

When I returned to hunting after a long separation and wanting a SXS shotgun like I had as a kid. I was looking at Gun List and saw the add for the close-out guns. I was working in Cleveland at that time....summer of 1995. I called over to Findley Ohio Jaqua's fine guns and asked about a 20ga two barrel sets listed at 2995.00 and put my name on one. Drove over and took a loan to buy it. At that time I had a beagle dog and could hunt rabbits at mom's house, So I did. It was great fun and it started my SXS addiction. First thing I found out was the new gun had a SST that was useless for hunting. I remember the two trigger 12 dad had given me being better. So I sold that gun and started looking at SXS guns with real intent. My older brother was given a sweet little Fox 20 that was light and fast on game! I was given that heavy 12ga that smeared everything that was in the same field when shot! I decided on the PR in 20ga. with two triggers....it was a 28" gun that was choked too tight in the left barrel so I had both opened for rabbits. Still have that one...(-: 26 years later I own a heathy collection of the Skue's Parkers as they are called now....I like that, It rewards Tom for his exceptional gift to all of us who love double guns! My hi-lights are a 20ga A1-spl with two factory triggers, only one I have ever run across. A three barrel set Dt-PG- BTF 28-28-410 OO-frame, A steel shot spl, Sporting clays classic and a regular 28" DHE-12 DT gun. Four set of 20/16-s two have the Kreghoff barrels 28" Q1/Q2 the other set 28" M/F and two with Galazan Merkel barrel sets that are ic/X-f and M/F thes are great rooster barrels for them long shots out in Kansas Last are three more set of 28ga two with DT-PG-BTF and one with splinter that I recently bought from this for sale section...(-: I have bought and sold several others but kept the ones I use and like. I traded one of my Three barrel 28-28-410 to CSMC when I ordered my made for me Fox XE-spl. Not one of them has given me any trouble and some are welled used. They are solid investments that can be held in hand, enjoyed and hunted...better than money in the bank! Some pics over the years hunting with them. Oops...Fox gets the game snuck in. SXS Ohio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004 (2).JPG (155.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 006 (3).JPG (162.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1010970.JPG (156.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010977.JPG (160.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07664-1.jpg (239.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Kenny Graft; 12-31-2020 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: My bad...got that XE in there!
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post: