View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2020, 01:53 PM   #13
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Just looked them up. Improved version explains why the originals without wheels like mine were being sold on sale at Sams Club for $279! So, you have the improved version and with wheels, which wouldn't work for me. I like the steel bracket on top of the magazine. I'm always waiting to open my tote and find the plastic bracket broken, which will surely happen at some point as it is very flexible and fragile. I might just get that metal bracket before it happens. Looks like others do the same as I did and not install the plastic hoop guard. Does yours have a wireless remote trigger of some kind? That would be nice. On the ridge I had a 10-15mph wind at my back so the clays were really screaming out there a looong ways and sailing on the wind! I tried a few followup shots on missed birds and actually broke a few out at well over 50yds. The VH12 I took out is an interesting set and seems likely a special order. It has 26" and 30" bbls, both with .013"/.035" chokes and their own forend, a 13-3/4" LOP, 3.5"DAH and BSS engraved in the stock shield. The wood is really nice too, a bit nicer than most V grades. S/N is 220878 so is a 1927 gun. Condition is much better than any V grade I've ever owned for sure. It's clearly not an off the shelf gun and if it fits the shooter, will deal with everything from woodcock to geese.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post: