View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #22
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,469 Times in 971 Posts

Thank you Brian. Here's my thing: I want to hunt with this gun. I'm not a collector, I'm not an historian, I'm not into investing in guns. While I can afford much better guns, I choose not to spend money on things I'm afraid to use. My goal when I set out was to find a fine handling 28g SxS for about $3,500 that I'm not afraid to get some field scars on. A "bright sunny day" grouse and woodcock gun that, when time to sell, I haven't lost all my money on. So while I'm above that figure of $3,500, I'm flexible and could tolerate a fix, if it's a true fix. I never realized this Parker repro would feel so damn good (first would be an English best...of course...) Dan was very kind and spent time with me on the phone, a true gentleman for sure. Never met him but will always support him from now on.

This all being said, I have a new found interest in Parker shotguns and am reading all I can. Quite an amazing brand. When I was a kid I always dreamed of a "Parker Brothers Shotgun" and forgot about that dream until I handled this repro. Problem I've had with vintage guns is the fit, but if you saw me shoot, it's certainly not the gun : )
Andrew Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sacco For Your Post: