View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

well after breakfast i grabbed the old 8 ga fishtail and went to the shop...i first broke the gun down...the barrel latch and the ejectors would move 1/4 inch they just slid back and forth on the barrels...i lined them up and center punched them then i welded them in place...then after about 2hours of filing and fitting they were back in good shape...next i worked on getting shells to go into the barrels okthis was another hour....i then cleaned out the barrels with a 10 ga copper brush...30 minutes doing this i then fitted paper shims to the barrel lugs and the forearm musta took an hour doing this...i know metal shims will soon be put there...i then loaded the hulls and fired them 3 times each in the barrels...i had a problem with the ls fireing pin sticking in the primer but soon had that fixed...well i deemed the barrels plenth thick and safe to try and shoot...i used tripple 7 a black powder substitute...first i started out with 30 grains shgot ok but like shooting a 22 no recoil..i then upped it to forty grains and a 1 1/4 ounce of bb shot...set up can at 35 steps the old gun really rolled that can...next i upped the powder to 50 grains and 1 1/4 ounce of bbs.... had a old mailbox so uesd it as a target at 35 steps...manif that had a been a turkey it woulda been all over for him....put those bbs thru and thru that mailbox... still got a lot of work to do to it but hay ive brught back another old parker from the grave... and its a 8 ga to boot... more as progress lets me... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote