Thread: Trojan Project
View Single Post
Trojan Project
Unread 06-15-2021, 02:22 PM   #1
John Nail
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Trojan Project

I have an old unstocked Trojan that I picked up about 25 years ago from a friend. I had given it to my dad thinking he would do something with it, but I found that he stuck it in his safe, and it has been sitting there. Well, I have spent several days reading old threads and trying to put together a plan. It is a Parker Trojan 12 Ga., 30 inch barrels, serial no. 164537. (See attached pics... Better ones coming) I bought the gun with no stock attached, but a perfectly good working fore end. The entire gun has been re-blued, but the barrels ring true. One small spot of bluing missing, no rust or pitting on the exterior whatsoever (Although the internals show a need of cleaning up). Action opens easily, but is very solid and tight, and gun fires as it should. Internal safety bar or mechanism missing and has to be replaced. Having no collector value, I am going to turn this into an english stocked upland gun and hunt with it. My intentions are to have it restocked, and the barrels cut to 28 inches by Briley, and add thin walled choke tubes. Anyone here have any experience with a project like this? Looking for a gunsmith who could clean up the internals, replace damaged screws and safety mechanism, and fit a stock. Please feel free to comment, or suggest anything… Thanks for all the help!

John Nail is offline   Reply With Quote