Thread: 1939 Runge
View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #29
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

David you just made my point a VHE for $35K. Look at it this way, IF you could find an AHE 410 (I honestly don't know if Parker ever made one) it would probably cost at least $200K+.

Taking that into consideration lets just say our well heeled sportsman has a spare 50K lying around to invest in a 410. He can buy a brand new Fox (CSM) FE for that. Now he uses that Fox for a couple of years and decides he wants to go to a English gun say a Holland & Holland or a Purdy. He can sell the Fox for about 60% of what he paid for it. Now lets say he has the Parker upgrade AHE 410 for the same 50K. He has a much nicer looking gun cosmetically than he would have with a VHE for less then 2X the price of the VHE. He couldn't take a VHE and turn it into an AHE for the difference in cost. To top it all off he still has a Parker and the Parker will hold value more than the Fox or the English guns. Just my humble opinion and I have a high grade upgrade and wouldn't have been able to afford an original AAHE. It's still a small bore, a beautifull gun and most importantly it's a Parker

The 410 mkt is a small one indeed and its always easier to buy a gun than to sell a gun. IF I had that kind of money for a 410 (or any thing else) I stick to my previous comment and would buy a Fox and pocket the difference.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote