Thread: Hausmann’s
View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #28
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,518 Times in 4,619 Posts

Tell me about it... being that today is the effective date in NY for all to wear masks. My attitude is that no way no how will anyone MAKE me do anything of the sort. I can certainly differentiate between the problems that the urban centers face as compared to rural areas in the same state.

This morning I made my routine run to the post office after dropping my son off to daycare and then went to the home center to get supplies for the weekends projects. I put a bandanna in my pocket in the event that someone gave me a real fuss about not wearing a mask and would refuse me entry or something like that.
Yeah, about 80% were wearing masks. But, I was seeing employees with them down under their noses. Or adjusting them and rubbing their faces with their bare hands. A total joke... as Pete said, if you are going to do something, do it. What kills me is seeing people driving around in their cars with masks and with gloves on. Wearing the same pair of gloves everywhere is worse than wearing none and just sanitizing or washing your hands. Unless you put on a pair of gloves to do a specific task, then remove/dispose of them and then wash your hands, they do NOTHING.

When I have to go out, I am cautious and courteous, take it slow and make the point to sanitize or wash my hands after leaving somewhere.

Ultimately you are no more likely to contract the Wuhan Flu than you are the regular flu or the common cold. Just practice the things that will help you not catch those things normally. Like you should have been doing all along.
I really aee that as being the major lasting effect of all this, a real consciousness of how illness is spread and trying to prevent it on the individual level. And that is no by living kn fear.

These are just my thoughts. And I know that everyone has their own level of “taking the situation seriously”.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!