View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,547 Times in 3,106 Posts

I got a great education on two of the (supossed) three Invincibles Thursday night, over dinner with Gary and Deni Herman. He had loads of pictures and articles, current at the time he owned one of them. Some of them seem to disprove other 'information' out there.
Interestingly, 230329 was the only one marked with a 9 on the water table.
233565, the one monogrammed HL was subsequently sold to a man in Cheshire CT, 'Moose' Herrant. Gary could remember what 'Moose's real name was.
At the time Gary bought 230329 from the Ford estate, it was not the most valuable gun he had gone to buy. Unfortunately, when they went to retrieve it, Luger Sn. 1, prototype .45ACP, went missing.
Dave believes Henry Lyman was of the Lyman's who owned the orchards, cousins to Charley Lyman, also in Middlefield, who owned the gunsight company. Interestingly, a Dr. Henry Lyman, Yale University, 1928, lived right around the corner from my family, and Henry was the Senior Warden of Old St. Andrews Episcopal church. It would shikle the tits out of me to think that gun may have been that close to me, Though probably not as much as Gary, who owned it for a while.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote