View Single Post
New member, need input on an option I have not seen before on a DH
Unread 11-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
Black Wing Armory
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New member, need input on an option I have not seen before on a DH

Greetings PGCA!

I have a small gunsmithing shop in Vermont. Recently, a customer brought in a Parker Bros. SxS for valuation. The shotgun is a DH in 20 gauge, size 0 frame, grade 3 with 30" Titanic barrels (32 weight) with ejectors. Thank you and your amazing website for all the help there. Where I am stumbling in the evaluation is the fact that this particular unit was ordered without a safety. Family lore is that the original purchaser was a skeet pro and found safeties a bother. The safety is not missing, clearly manufactured without one. So my question the the community is how does that affect the value? In my opinion, the gun is condition Good (primarily due to overall finish quality and obvious use-related wear on the engraving). Fully functional, all original, bluing is still probably 20% there but pretty thin, wood is marred but not terribly though all original finish is long gone. I don't have the customer's permission to post a photo, will try to secure that when she picks up. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Scott King is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott King For Your Post: