View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #18
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Yeah that was a bad episode for Mark and his group. What I know of Mark and read of the instance even when those guy were probably knowledgable, prepared (snake kits, equipment, protection) and years of experience there was a breakdown and or someone got caught up in the moment froze.

Rich you being a pilot and living in a tough unforgiving part of the country probably understand better than most the compounding issues when things go bad..... I;m sure you can relate. BTW What the heck do you do if your out bird hunting in Alaska and bump a grizzly bear or for that matter a moose. I guess if they are running your direction you hope you can out run your dogs. You get an adrenalized animal like that with their size and power coming for you, whew.

Told this before but once in Alaska had what turned out to be a Sow and cub approach from behind and when turned around was in stare down with her about 100 yards away. Clearly I was in her fishing spot unbeknownst by me. Thank god she lit out the other way. All I had was a fly rod. I might have been able to poke her in the eye if she charged.

Last edited by Todd Poer; 11-17-2018 at 01:05 PM..
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote