View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #9
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Decker View Post
Sara,
My understand is that Frank and George used LeFever at the time of the family break-up in 1903-04 when Dan, Frank, and George left Syracuse for Defiance (and the Bowling Green) Ohio. Charles F. (Fred) did not join them and apparently maintained the "Lefever" spelling.

Therefore, I believe the spelling differences were to differentiate the Dan, Frank, and George faction of the family from Charles (Fred). Frank stayed loyal to Dan all his life and he and his wife are buried next to Dan in Syracuse. I do not know what became of Charles (Fred) except that he retired from Daisy in the 1950's.
Bob,

I've researched Charles (Fred) a little on Ancestry.com, and I did find him working at Daisy as late as 1956, in Plymouth, Michigan (he's in the city directory, and it's spelled "LeFever" in that instance). He died 03/10/1961. From a few marriage and death records related to him, I've seen "Lefever" and "LeFever" used. Granted, none of them are his personal signature, so nothing definite or consistent. His gravestone is all caps, with no indication of a capital F. From what I have found, he was married three times, and had at least three children (it appears his second wife, and a son died in car accident).

Sara
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sara LeFever For Your Post: