View Single Post
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Cronkhite View Post
The vitality of the PGCA, as an on-line presence, is enhanced by any action that can be taken without paper, ink, stamps, cheques and envelopes. I know the BOD will be looking at on-line enhancements and I think Mark L.'s suggestion could be another improvement.

For the coming generation(s) of collectors and shooters of vintage firearms, the on-line world is the natural order of things.

The paradigm has shifted a long way during our journey on this planet. Anybody else remember stick pens and ink wells and maybe even pony tail dipping. (That was pretty certain to invoke the yardstick remedy but almost irresistible when the circumstances were right.)
and I for one mourn the loss. I still daily carry a pen with a nib. Part of the interesting process of spending the summer restoring the antique sailing canoe I will paint this weekend was dealing with craftsman who cast bronze fittings and sewed sails and did business by the written word. It was refreshing.

But then again, my own father has said I was born a century too late.

OK now, off the computer and back to the book (entitled "Tattered Coat") I had started earlier whilst sitting behind our old stone house with my lovely wife, in leu of TV.