View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Agree John. From the letters I see, Mark does a bang up job. Given the first step is to determine if records exist, once that is determined a single payment would work. Saves return cheque postage If a concern exists that the on-line payment may not be forthcoming after the work of determining surviving records exist, then I would think "contractual" language in the request might take care of it. I would like to think the crowd making requests is a group of honorable folks and that would be a non-issue. It is certainly a group of honorable folks contributing to this forum, from what I see.

The vitality of the PGCA, as an on-line presence, is enhanced by any action that can be taken without paper, ink, stamps, cheques and envelopes. I know the BOD will be looking at on-line enhancements and I think Mark L.'s suggestion could be another improvement.

For the coming generation(s) of collectors and shooters of vintage firearms, the on-line world is the natural order of things.

The paradigm has shifted a long way during our journey on this planet. Anybody else remember stick pens and ink wells and maybe even pony tail dipping. (That was pretty certain to invoke the yardstick remedy but almost irresistible when the circumstances were right.)

Cheers,
Jack