Thread: Just stuff
View Single Post
Unread 01-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ray View Post
They are old fashioned, heavy, and ugly. And although I now own several other pairs of snake boots, unless I require water proof, I go to the gokeys, they are my “old friends”!!,
I disagree, I'd say they are just getting into their prime and sounds like you have gotten some dang good proper use out of them. I have the all leather Gokey boots as well, but mine are only 10 years old. Yep they are heavier than some, but worth it, for the peace of mind. I don't think they are ugly at all and have been told so and complimented by a couple of women that I know that have briefly seen me wear mine. Every time they say "why don't men wear tall boots anymore". I could care less about the fashion part of it, but their comments surprised me. If they function to protect me from a bite, protect your clothes, heck have even worn them for trail rides, then good, bad or ugly all works for me.

Now that is a testament stopping a Gaboon Viper hit. They have two inch fangs and are heavy and strong enough to get through something not designed for snake protection. You need to let Orvis know about that.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: