Thread: Just stuff
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

Old "hunting stuff" is hard to let go. My collection includes my grandfather's Lefever, several pictures of him and my dad in hunting themes, two of my grandfather's police style dog whistles that go way back. My grandfather was born in 1856, died in 1929, so his "stuff" goes way back. His Lefever pigeon gun was made in 1887. I also have a collection of collars and tags from every setter or pointer that has ever been a member of my family since my first Irish Setter, born in 1948 when I was two years old. Recently, I finally let go of an expensive set of chest waders to a shooting buddy, no charge. I am smart enough to know that these waders could get me killed in my debilitated physical condition, so they went away. I have my dad's Jones hat and unfortunately, it doesn't quite fit me. I have not had the heart to sell any of his remaining bird guns, although one was sold shortly after his death. There is no one to care for this stuff or any of my stuff, so I guess it will be sold or given to someone when I am gone. I guess you guys will be first in line. Murphy
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: