View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #14
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
It's my understanding that it is corrosive primers (no longer in use), not the powder, that is the problem
Hmm, have not heard that before. Maybe something to it as a combination. Whatever the problem was I think they might have cured it in modern load components. I don't know that much about black powders from back then to ones made today but would like to think they are not near as bad as they were from 1800's with quality control and corrosive properties. Probably wrong on that assumption as well.

Also agree with William as test but my guess its burnt powder residue. Some powders have the different burn rates. Learned this the hard way shooting right handed semi-autos as lefty and having some slow burning powder slung in front of your eyes. Also saw some poor college kid at a KA Old South party use modern slow burn powder instead of black powder in a canon, and even standing half way beside canon but downwind got burned very badly. God sometimes does not take care of drunken children.

Last edited by Todd Poer; 03-23-2018 at 06:12 AM..
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote