View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2019, 07:57 PM   #6
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,179 Times in 633 Posts

We had a good time and he is looking forward to going back. I should say that my daughter who is 2 years older, goes with me as well. She enjoys reloading too. She can can do it all on a MEC 600jr. When she was 6 we made a few boxes of black powder shells and I told her I didn't think many 6 year olds anywhere knew how to do that!

I am just following the great examples set by my father and grandfather. My father and I did a lot more saltwater fishing than shooting and hunting. Though we still went shooting and hunting(and still do). My Grandfather is the one that really got me into collecting guns and appreciating the American sxs. I have his 12 Gauge Fox Sterlingworth he bought new in 1928 for $32. He was shooting slugs through it and killing dear until he was 80.

I never want to wish for time to go any faster, but I am really looking forward to when my kids are old enough to get into this more. I told my daughter that 10 was the magic number for an age as that seems to be about right, at least at the sporting clays place close to my house.

Harry that is a great dove hunting picture. I can't wait to post something similar in a few years!

Last edited by Jay Oliver; 09-29-2019 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: typo
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: