View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #9
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyconnor View Post
That is a great scene! It captures a moment of energy and action, the fox twisting in his strike.

Also, I like the bold scrollwork and your design, it's a nice touch that the animals are in the foreground of the scrollwork.
Thank you Jeff, but I can't take credit for the design of the scrollwork as it's of Bob Strosin's own design and what he call his "house scroll".

It's quite perceptive of you noticing the game scene appearing to be in the foreground, it was intended to add depth. I asked Bob Strosin to allow the game scene engraving to spill over his border lines. You can see that also on the sides of the frame of this Fox where a feather, a foot or floral leaves spill over a bit to bring depth to the scenes. In an effort to eliminate a static look to the games scenes, I requested he engrave images that depict movement. The direction of the birds, the barrel wedge engraving extending forward of the knuckle and the grain flow of the wood were all chosen and designed to lead the viewer's eyes out the business end of the gun and beyond.

"It's the itty bitty details that make the big, big difference."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RH side.JPG (106.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg LH side.JPG (94.6 KB, 4 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: