View Single Post
New member from Wyoming
Unread 10-21-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
Garhart Stephenson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New member from Wyoming

Well my friends, I finally am getting around to stopping in here and saying hi. For those who might recognize me from elsewhere, Rusty says hi too. I am very pleased to finally own a Parker. In this case, an EH 10 ga. that I am working on and using for prairie grouse species, although it will see a variety of species beyond those.

The gun is a damascus gun and has some minor issues (most of which have already been remedied), but has been remotely "proofed" with a trio of 11,000 psi loads down each barrel once it was inspected by a experienced vintage expert.

I am not a collector per se, but a guy who hunts with old doubles and hunts with them often. Yes, I am altering the gun to suit my personal needs, but this is not a pristine specimen or a particularly rare combination of options. All work is being performed in good taste and by yours truly. I tend to find guns worth fixing up and then keep them. This gun fit the bill perfectly and has found a home where it won't languish under a layer of dust. With that said, I'm off to the loading bench to roll up more 2 7/8" 10's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engraving and general-5.jpg (306.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Parker 10 and pair.jpg (493.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Sage retrieve.jpg (420.0 KB, 2 views)
Garhart Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Garhart Stephenson For Your Post: