Thread: New SBT
View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #9
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well, finally got to shoot it yesterday. Shot just some straight aways to see how high it shoots. I'm at a lost. When shooting anything else I do a maintain lead. I shoot gun down, look ahead of the bird as I mount the gun and shoot shortly after the gun is mounted. So, at trap it's premounted holding on the trap house and pull the trigger as I swing through the bird. I don't really see a lead, it all happens too fast. I just have to shoot some more. Anyways, it breaks birds just fine even with the 3/4oz loads I use. Tried a couple at 25yds - good breaks, and at 27 - well, the jury is still out. Had a couple of good breaks, but missed quite a few. Not sure if it's the light loads or just me. Probably me.
I'm not sure, but it might be possible the stock and forearm are replacements. They look correct, but you could see a slim sliver of light in about a 1" section near the top on the side of the gun between the receiver and stock. A little Aurcaglass fixed that. It appears the distance on the forearm between the release lever and the hardware on the inside are a bit too far apart. Numerous times when taking the forearm and barrel off I had to take out the two screws holding the release lever, pull it out and rotate the locking block around so it would re-engage the release lever. I'm going to have to look at it a bit more before I do anything. Over all I'm quite happy with the gun, and real happy with the price. It's been 40 years since I shot trap - looking for my first again straight.
Oh ya, the barrel looks just fine. The guy did a good job. I'm not sure how shinny the barrel should be. Mine is just plain black - no shin. When I gave it to him the bluing was more like a modern barrel.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!